Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10-31-2012 BLOG HOP!!!


So... I was asked to do this BLOG HOP by my dear friend Evelyn M. Byrne
(Thanks, Lady. ;) )


I had no idea what a BLOG HOP was until she asked me to participate... 
(I admit I drove her nuts asking all kinds of random questions, and then I made her read over my answers to make sure I didn't sound like a raving lunatic...)

I hope you enjoy my answers to the interview questions and remember... NEXT WEEK check out my friends, listed below the HOP, and see what they have to say about their books!!!



Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:


1. What is the working title of your book?

IMMORTAL WARRIORS

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

This is actually the sequel to my first book, IMMORTAL BEGINNINGS.

Basically, the characters weren’t finished telling their story in IMMORTAL BEGINNINGS and they bugged me until I wrote IMMORTAL WARRIORS.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Young Adult, Paranormal

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

This is an interesting question. You see, it is hard for me to visualize ‘actors’ to play the roles since I found local teens to model for my upcoming cover and they did such a wonderful job.

But, if I had to pick actual actors I guess they would be as follows:

IVY: AnnaSophia Robb

DARIUS: Wes Brown

ERIC: Logan Lerman

VITUS: Charles Michael Davis


5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Ivy Mason and the Warriors must face their greatest enemy and by the time it is all over with, lives will be lost, allies will be made and their world will never be the same.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

White Bird Publications, LLC. Will publish IMMORTAL WARRIORS winter 2012.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

The first draft took about a month and a half… the ‘finished’ manuscript… about six months.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

The Vampire Diaries series by L. J. Smith

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?

As I stated earlier, the characters from IMMORTAL BEGINNINGS had more to tell and do… so, they didn’t leave me alone until I agreed to write IMMORTAL WARRIORS.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

IMMORTAL WARRIORS is a ‘new take on an old theme.’ Vampires (or Lamia as I call them), have been written and rewritten many times and in a lot of different ways. My version gives an almost plausible reasoning behind the myths.



IMMORTAL WARRIORS
 COMING 
12-12-12




REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT THESE WONDERFUL AUTHORS ON 11-7-12 
FOR MORE BLOG HOP FUN!

Karen R. Kilby

Liss Thomas

Elia Winters

Fiona McLaren

Debra Parmley

Sascha Illyvich

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing the finished cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading about this and I look forward to reading the book! Grats!

    ReplyDelete