Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Journey Begins Here...

I am K. Latham. A mother, and writer, along side about a million other things. Three years ago I got a wild hair and decided to see if I could write a book that would be worth publishing. Next month that book, Immortal Beginnings, will be available for the world to read. 

I will admit that in the beginning I thought it would be easy. I thought I would just write it, make a fabulous query letter (which, in truth, I had to look up the word because I had no clue what it meant), and send it out into the publishing world and the agents would come clamoring right to me... 

To say I was delusional is an understatement. 

My 120 K manuscript was riddled with errors, all kinds of errors. The length of the novel was too long for a Young Adult market, and I had done so much head hopping that it was dizzying. Excessive dialogue tags and -ly words aside it was a good story, it just needed a lot of work. 

Lucky for me I found a publisher, White Bird Publishing, that was willing to work with me and believed in not just the book, but in me as a writer. 

I am still learning about the craft of writing every day. I am fortunate to have an online community of friends at Absolute Write as well as a wonderful group of fellow writers at the East Texas Writers Association that gladly answer my questions and offer advice on everything from POV questions to random facts needed for works in progress.

I can't promise a weekly blog post but I will do my best to keep this updated and try to throw in some random bits of wisdom and teasers of upcoming novels and works in progress.... 

My journey is just beginning and I hope you stick around and see where the roads lead me.

*smooches*


No comments:

Post a Comment